Sunday, June 8, 2008

Monkey Feet


Corban stopping the swing by pushing on the pole with his feet

Corban has adorable feet that cling to anything and everything. One day when I had my arm over his torso as I was allowing him grab onto my fingers with his hands. In addition to the hands, I got his feet clung to my arm like a little monkey. I almost was able to pick up his whole body by just lifting my arm, he was hanging on there so tight. I have been dying to get a picture of his feet clinging on to something...and still am. I will post as soon as I do.
Tonight after nursing, he was just chatting away while still holding on to my chest. All of a sudden he let out a big sigh. I guess that meant he was done. These little guys come out with so much personality. I can't wait until it is actual words he uses in his jabbering. Not that don't enjoy the wordless sounds he makes continuously- I love them! I only wish I could describe them better.
He also rolled over by himself tonight. Then he was frustrated because he couldn't get his arm free. When he is in the bathtub his continual struggle is to try to roll over onto his belly. Mom doesn't really like that because then his face is in the water. We are going to have to really keep an eye on him.

Daddy and Corban's favorite tricks:

Corban has incredible upper body strength. Dad doesn't want him to lose it so they practice "give me grips" everyday. They start from the ground, Jared gets him to grab onto his pointer fingers by saying "give me grips", and then Jared raises his arms while Corban holds on. Corban loves this and will give huge smiles the whole way through.



Here he looks to me for approval and to show me how happy he is after a grips session. I sure am a lucky women with these beautiful boys in my life!



This is the other favorite: Balancing. This gives everyone watching a heart attack, thinking Jared is going to drop him. Admittedly, it does scare me too, but I can't really do anything about it. Jared is just a proud father.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Thanks for the invitation! This is exactly what a grandma needs!! This gives me the little glimpses into everyday life that I have to miss because of distance. Thanks again for sharing.