Best of Friends
Clink clink...clink clink clink...clink...clink clink....clink clink clink...clink...clink.
"What is that noise? Corban, where are you?"
Jared goes into the entryway and finds Corban in Nika's dish, pulling out all the food. I think he is learning too much from this dog. Luckily he was distracted by the food because just beyond the bowls is a big drop off onto the garage floor.
Having Computer Problems?
"What is that noise? Corban, where are you?"
Having Computer Problems?
Crawling and Climbing
Corban caught on to crawling with great ease shortly after our trip to Utah in July. Once he had the crawling down, it hasn't taken long for him to pull himself up on things- the couch, windows, baskets, his car seat, the ottoman- you name it. So I decided I would open the way for him to try the stairs. With no problem he climbed all 12 (there is actually 14, but I had him skip the first 2). The only problem is if he is wearing more than a onesie, he usually can't do it as fast- interference from the legs.
Wild Animal Park
We went to WAP on Labor Day, not realizing it wasn't the most relaxing place to go for a day off. There is a lot of walking! But we did have a great time. We went with Ali, Scott, Jake and Alisa. After about 5 hours, we took off to get dinner and GS. Then we had to say our goodbyes to the Seamans.
This is how Corban enjoyed the tour. He woke up half way through and was extremely happy- like usual.
Corban Blue Eyes
In the last couple of weeks I have had to have a closer watch on Corban, or I find him having way too much fun. This was one occasion. Other such places have been in the fireplace, in the bathroom- trying to figure out how to get back in the tub, behind the chair in his room playing with the stereo speaker, in the cupboard eating the onion bag, under the piano trying to make way to the window seal, and just about anywhere he can figure out to crawl to and climb on.
Nap Time
He is usually very happy when he wakes up. The other morning, about 4:30 am, I could hear him chattering away- it was happy chatter. I listened to him as I was in and out of sleep. Finally the happy chatter turned into a whinny cry. I went in to get him, knowing he was hungry. He was standing up, looking over the edge of the bed. As soon as he saw me the crying stopped and a smile appeared, with a little jumping action from his feet. He does this a lot- cries to get our attention, but then he is as happy as can be when we are in sight. Of course if you disappear again, the crying returns. Oh, I love this kid!
His first tooth finally popped through at 8 months of age (almost exactly- on August 30th). The second one has since followed. They are sharp little things!
Catch of the Day...Multiple days in a row

Upon our arrival home from Lake Powell I had noticed a funny-not so pleasant- smell in our house. I didn't think much of it. Then when I was starting to straighten up the house and doing cleaning on Tuesday I came across some little droppings on the window seal. Why there, I don't know- there is no food to be found by the windows. Then I was in the kitchen on Wednesday morning and I noticed a big chunk of our bread was eaten, along with little droppings on the counter. "THAT'S IT!" I said, and off I went to buy traps. We bought two kinds- glue traps and SNAP traps. I figured anything was worth a try! We set the traps that night in the pantry (after finding more droppings in there). In the morning I heard this little chirpy, scratching noise coming from the pantry. Instead of getting it myself, I waited for Jared to come down and take a look. Surprise! Surprise! There were two little mice stuck in the glue. He drowned them and then threw them in the trash. This same thing happened the following 2 days, and then we caught 2 singles, making a total of 8 mice so far. Yikes! Hope that's all.
Catch of the Day...Multiple days in a row
Upon our arrival home from Lake Powell I had noticed a funny-not so pleasant- smell in our house. I didn't think much of it. Then when I was starting to straighten up the house and doing cleaning on Tuesday I came across some little droppings on the window seal. Why there, I don't know- there is no food to be found by the windows. Then I was in the kitchen on Wednesday morning and I noticed a big chunk of our bread was eaten, along with little droppings on the counter. "THAT'S IT!" I said, and off I went to buy traps. We bought two kinds- glue traps and SNAP traps. I figured anything was worth a try! We set the traps that night in the pantry (after finding more droppings in there). In the morning I heard this little chirpy, scratching noise coming from the pantry. Instead of getting it myself, I waited for Jared to come down and take a look. Surprise! Surprise! There were two little mice stuck in the glue. He drowned them and then threw them in the trash. This same thing happened the following 2 days, and then we caught 2 singles, making a total of 8 mice so far. Yikes! Hope that's all.
2 comments:
That kid is SOOO cute! And he's so good natured. Yes, those new little teeth have little sharp saw edges that take awhile to wear down to smooth. They LOVE to bite, too! About the mice...I hate mice. We've had them several times over the years. Usually they come in when the weather turns cold suddenly, and they do seem to come in families. I think we caught 8 one time, too. Those little glue traps work great for the little mice because they won't set off the snap traps. If I ever spot droppings in the house, I become obsessed until I am sure I've caught them all. My kids lovingly call me the mouse psychologist because I get on the internet and read how to best catch them and understand their possible behavior patterns. Shuddddderrrr. I hate mice. I hope you got them all!
About the toilet paper picture. Someone once taught me that you put the toilet paper rolls on backwards to keep them from ending up all over the ground when they figure out how to give them that downward smack that unrolls the roll! If it's backward , that doesn't work. And above all things...keep the toilet lid down at all times!! They love to dip anyting into the toilet and then suck on it!! Yikes!
Post a Comment