Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Trying to keep from being busy

I have so many things I would love to be accomplishing right now and wish I wasn't so busy. I guess each one adds to the busy-ness. We had the Progressive Dinner last night for RS, which I was in charge of (along with my fabulous committee), and I kept thinking yesterday while preparing, "Oh, tomorrow will be great because I can do this and this and this." "This" was: clean the kitchen so I can see my counters, fold the laundry so we have clean garments in our drawers, put up my new ShelfReliance shelves that arrived Tuesday, find the perfect place in my house for this lovely new bench I bought, etc. So far my day has been great, but few of those things have been fully accomplished. I have to make a mess to clean up the mess- so I might be having those same wishes and hopes for days to come.
Corban has had a hard day today. I wonder if he is teething, or if he is sick. He has either been sleeping, eating or crying. My poor little guy! Love him anyway.
The other day Jared and I got in an argument about saying prayers. I think that he abuses he right to choose who says the prayer because he seems to call on me when he is tired. He feels that I am being stubborn in always putting up a fight. The funny thing is, I love saying prayers and I have never had a problem with being called on. I am being stubborn and now I am taking it the opposite direction being stubborn in that I won't do what he expects by not saying a thing when he asks. I am sure over time this will work out to be a positive and I will forget about the negative reasons for which I was doing.
Corban is back in sleeping mode so I am going to try to finish my shelves before I have to teach a step class at LA Fitness.

Jared, my wonderful husband just brought me yogurt! I sure am blessed!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

There really is some humor in arguing about praying. Shouldn't you be praying about NOT arguing!! :) We all have our "moments". Since there's just two of us, we take turns praying, try to do it morning and evening, but if one of us is exceptionally tired, we pass it off to the other. Last night when Curtis asked me to pray, I was pretty tired, so he did it. It all works out, as long as hubby isn't using unrighteous dominion! Jared?? Mama says be nice!!