So, last Monday night my night class was cancelled and I was able to come home and enjoy the afternoon and evening with my family. This almost never happens on Monday's, so Amanda had a great idea and we just ran with it. We decided to have a picnic on the beach. I dressed Corban in his swimming gear as Amanda put together some sandwiches and we headed off to a nice breezy evening on Torrey Pines Beach. We arrived around sundown and loved the view. Corban loved the water, but after falling in was shivering so much that we had to change him. then we ate dinner in the dark on the beach on a single beach towel. It was a great night. I love my family! Here are some pictures of the events.
I was explaining the birds and the bees...

...but all he wanted to do was get in the water...let's go!
Mommy was camera shy at first...that and she didn't want to get in the water with us.
Corban gets really excited around the ocean.
Curse you aqua scum!!! Or maybe he is dedicating the rock for some unknown purpose.
The kid wasn't afraid of getting his feet wet, and at this point he had already fallen in.
Finally got mommy to pose with the kids.

This is the classic "our son is running out to sea, you better go get him" face.

My beautiful wife and daughter.

I just love this face he made.
6 comments:
I love the "our son is running into the water and you had better go get him!!" face :) I love impromptu outings! Yay for living in SD and being able to go to the beach on a whim, even in October.
The beach? So jealous! This post is hilarious. I loved all the commentary. Great pics.
The best memories are made like this, right?
How fun! What a great idea!
I love times like this. all of the sweetest moment in life are never planned and usually have at least one "save our kid" face. what a beautiful family you have!
Way to grab the moment. Those are sometimes the very best memories. You have a great little family!
I am green with envy that you get to have FHE at the beach. Your little family is so cute. Amanda you look SO beautiful.
Post a Comment