I enjoyed my morning working on Golden Spoon stuff- payroll, bills, marketing arrangements, and such. I don't really know how much time I put into work now that I have Corban. For sure it is A LOT less than before and Jared has picked up that slack. Regardless the amount, I enjoy being able to do everything I do for work from home. It is nice having something to do but not have strict deadlines. I never get bored.
Jared watched Corban in order to give me the opportunity to go to the gym. I have just committed myself to teach on Wednesday nights at Poway LA Fitness. Once I committed I found it easier to get myself to go to the gym- initially out of necessity to make sure I can physically handle it, and now as a way to get combinations from other instructors. The class I went to today use to be mine and the instructor who took over is AWESOME. She is one of those instructors that is really motivating because she looks very fit (cute small body), she has fun music, and her combinations keep your mind occupied. Needless to say, I got some great ideas this morning.
I joined Wilson, Jared, and Corban at this Hawaiian BBQ place that Wilson raves about. They were having a meeting and I ate lunch with them and picked up Corban. He apparently was good for Dad and was sleeping by the time I got to him. As seems to be habit, he awoke while we were eating and wanted to eat. I don't mind nursing him in public, so that was just what we did.
Next on the agenda was a walk with Meg and Indy Ryan at Miramar Lake. We had a great time talking because I haven't had time with Meg for the past 2 weeks. Corban slept in the Snuggly the entire walk. I was sore from having lifted weights yesterday and doing the step class this morning, so the 2 1/2 miles wore me out completely. The only thing that helped my mind handle the strain my body was feeling as I carried Corban and my 127lb body was that I was getting a massage this night. Talking with Meg is also always really fun. She is my one friend that I feel completely comfortable talking to about sex- because she is overly open to talking about it. In fact, she informed me that she just went to her 6 week doctor's appointment and Sean is getting 2 boxes of condoms for his birthday in this next week.
After a stop at Trader Joes, Corban and I went home to prepare dinner for Jared and also a family in the ward that is needing meals because the father is on Chemotherapy for cancer. What a blessing it is to have the opportunity to help out in these situations. I helps me realize just how blessed I am to have my family and we are all healthy.
Massage, picking up Corban from the church because Jared was doing scouting, coming home to eat and feed Corban again. In the evening Corban is both fussy and smiley. We spent some time looking and talking at each other. He loves it when I pat his bum and sing "Hands, Hands, Finger, Thumb. Dum ditty Dum ditty dum dum dum". I have to repeat it over and over because that is the only part of the book that I know. I also make up rhyms that make no sense, but I think he enjoys the talking.
When Jared got home we gave him a bath. It is crazy how chubby he is compared to the first weeks of life. I sometimes wish I could go back and hold that little preemie. I don't even remember just how small he was, which makes me sad.
Now I am home alone with Corban because Jared went back into work to get some numbers on La Jolla for the past 2 months. I hate being home alone at night. I guess I am still scared of the dark. Lately I have been hearing noises everytime I am home alone. I psych myself out, but I don't know how to stop. Actually, I do believe that praying helps me to settle down and just have faith that I will be protected.
I am tired and need to retire to bed. Scripture study is hardly going to be "studying". Unfortunately I didn't read during the day because I would say that is the only time I can make it productive.
Okay, that was like the 5th yawn in the last 5 minutes so I am gone.
Gratitude: I am grateful for how blessed I am to have friends going through this new parenting life right along with me. I feel so blessed to be where I am at this time in my life- the ward I am in, the friends I have made, the calling I have been given, having a husband that is happy that I am happy and wants to do all the work outside of the home, sweet Corban and the sweet blessing that he is mine!!!, and the list goes on. It is still hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I am a mother and I am in this for the long haul. Corban isn't just on loan or isn't just someone I am taking care of for a few months- I will get to watch him for the rest of my life! By the way, this is a very happy thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment