Interestingly enough, Jared returned from school early again on Monday. When he walked through the door and asked, "Guess what" in that voice that makes you not want to guess, I realized my fabulous day was probably going to have a turn around. In a way it was kind of comical that a computer could get stolen twice! Are you kidding! It was just one week ago, the very same day, at the very same time- a very dejavu moment. I called the dealership to ask a few questions about our vehicle and if there seemed to be a problem with this particular year in addition to how we can prevent these mishaps in the future. Apparently the 2007 GMC Sierra is particularly DIFFICULT to break into. I got a long explanation that would have sounded nice if I were buying the vehicle, but having the vehicle and knowing that it HAS been broken into twice within a weeks' time surely unassures his reassurance. Jared went in and had the lock disabled so the only way into the locked car is by the remote. So if we have a dead battery we won't be too happy about the necessary broken window. Needless to say, he will no longer leave the computer in the car.
It is experiences such as these that I attribute my fear of being home alone at night. I have had this new fear that paralyzes me into one room of the house if I am home alone after dark. I have a million thoughts run through my mind about the horrible things that could happen. Monday night I specifically took a long time picking up Jared's computer. Fortunately the Costco closest to our house didn't have it so Corban and I drove all the way down to Santee. I drove 60 mph on the way home in hopes of meeting Jared at home. He wasn't too far behind me, but I did arrive home first.
Corban was a champ with the long day we experienced yesterday. I was in charge of the food for the Relief Society Birthday celebration. We were at the church for about 8 hours total. Corban was happy to be in the arms of the multiple ladies who offered to care for him while I did what I needed to do for the dinner. It really would be great if a Village would help raise my son.
Tiredness has overcome the thinking mind. It is too bad because I have a million things to write about.
No comments:
Post a Comment